That's why Equifax, Experian and TransUnion are continuing to offer free weekly credit reports. This extension lasts until April 20, 2022.
Here are five important reasons why consumers should take advantage of this opportunity:
- Catch Identity Theft – Unfortunately, identity theft is more prevalent than ever before. However, if you catch it early, it is easier to take control of the situation and fix the problems before they spiral out of control
- Check for Balance Errors – Even large companies make mistakes. Check your credit report to ensure that your creditors are correctly reporting your balances.
- Confirm Personal Information – This is especially important if you have recently married, divorced, changed your name or moved since employers may pull your credit history as part of the hiring process.
- Understand Credit Rejections – If you are rejected for a loan or other credit opportunity, examining your credit score and history can help explain why you were rejected and how to avoid future setbacks.
- Plan for the Future – Whether you are thinking about homeownership, buying a car or getting out of debt, having a clear picture of your credit can help determine a plan of action.
Take advantage of this opportunity now. Don't wait. Check your score at annualcreditreport.com.