Consider these factors when deciding if you should hire an attorney to defend against a creditor lawsuit.
You have three choices when a creditor sues you for a debt you haven't paid.
- Allow the creditor to obtain a judgment against you (called a “default judgment”)
- Defend the lawsuit yourself, or
- Hire an attorney to represent you in the lawsuit.
By hiring us, you'll receive
- A better understanding of your rights
- Answers regarding who is suing you and the basis for their claim
- Someone who will interact on your behalf with the other side
- A successful outcome in the form of either a negotiated settlement or, even better, dismissal of the claim